Joining is Easy!
To join the pack, simply click the "Contact Our Pack" link at the top of this page.
You may also show up to one of our weekly meetings at Victory Congregational Methodist Church. We meet from 6:30 - 7:30 every Monday night.
If you would like you can email the Cubmaster, Todd Bridges at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call him at 601-940-6947.
What should you expect when joining?
Boys who join a Cub Scout pack are assigned to a den, usually a group of six to eight boys of their same age group. This is made up of the following:
- Tiger Cubs - 1st Grade or 7 years old
- Wolf - 2nd Grade or 8 years old
- Bear - 3rd Grade or 9 years old
- Webelos - 4th and 5th Grade 10 - 11 1/2 years old
Pack Requirement Steps
A youth application form needs to be filled out for every boy joining. Adult applications are also available if parents are interested in being a leader in the pack. We have both at our meetings.
Pack 85 collects yearly dues of $90 and it can be paid in two installments if needed. (Half when you sign up and the other half by December).
- Boys Scouts of America Dues
- Pack Dri-Fit T-shirt
- Rank Badges
- Supplies for activities
- Many other patches, awards.
3. What to buy once you join:
- Book - Den specific books are available at the scout shop and are needed for your son. They include all requirements needed to attain the badge for the respective den that they are in (i.e. Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos). This is our textbook and is required for all boys.
- Uniform - Every scout needs a uniform and they can be purchased from the scout shop in Jackson or online at scoutstuff.org. You may also get a used uniform from Ebay or a friend/neighbor. Listed below are the ONLY things we require for Pack 85.
- Before you go out and buy anything, please wait until after attending your first pack meeting.
- Scout uniform shirt (get a size or 2 larger than what your child wears to ensure 3 years worth of scouting or until they move to Webelos). All cub scouts wear the blue shirt and Webelos wear the tan shirt. The tan shirt is the same one that is worn by the Boys Scouts so they can use this shirt for the rest of their scouting career as long as it fits.
- The shirt will need a few patches and emblems to get started that identify our Pack, the local council we belong to and what den level the boy is in.
- Council strip - Our pack is part of the "Andrew Jackson Council". You will need an Andrew Jackson Council shoulder patch.
- World Crest
- Pack Number - 85
- Den Number - (we will notify you of your den number)
- Belt & Buckle - There are different buckles for each rank. We suggest you skip the tiger buckle and purchase the cub scout version. They can use this for Tiger through Bear ranks.
- Neckerchief (one for the correct den they are in; Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos)
- Neckerchief slide (one for the correct den they are in; Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos)